Suffolk County Divorce Lawyer
Suffolk County Divorce Attorney
Attorney Profiles
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us
(800) 817-5029
Learn more about what sets us apart. Learn more about how we can through your transition. Learn more about delaying divorce here.
Contact Us
Divorce Law
Divorce Mediation
Collaborative Divorce
Contested Divorce
Child Custody
Child Support
Cohabitation Agreements
Divorce Litigation
Enforcement Proceedings
Grandparents’ Rights
Legal Separation
Modification Proceedings
Orders of Protection
Post Nuptial Agreements
Prenuptial Agreements
Property Distribution
Spousal Maintenance
Visitation Rights

Spousal Maintenance Calculator

Enforcements of Court Orders in Suffolk County

Enforcements for Child Support and Spousal Maintenance Payments

Where the Court has issued an order of child support or spousal maintenance and the payor fails to comply with that order, the payee is best protected by taking legal action as soon as possible. The spousal support or child support enforcement matter, to be resolved effectively and efficiently, must be addressed by experienced counsel who will advise you of your options with regard to seeking relief in Supreme Court by way of an Order to Show Cause or filing a petition in Family Court. Either way, the assistance of a Suffolk County enforcement lawyer from the law offices of Jane K. Cristal, P.C. will provide you with strong advocacy and guidance to protect your rights to collect the funds due you. You will also be advised of the ways in which New York State has empowered the Child Support Enforcement Bureau to assist you, as a payee, in collecting the financial obligation owed to you.

Judgments and the Child Support Enforcement Bureau

When the payor fails to pay Court-ordered support payments, the law offices of Jane K. Cristal, P.C. will seek recovery through a variety of means permitted under New York State law, including income deductions from paychecks, interception of tax refunds, suspension of a driver's license, suspension of a professional license, incarceration for contempt of court, sequestration, actions taken against the offending party's real and personal property and seeking contempt, to name a few.

To be prepared, you would be well advised to keep track of the payor's social security number or driver's license number, or the addresses of their parents or other information that may lead to discovering his or her whereabouts and assets. If the Court determines that the party has willfully and intentionally failed to pay, the party may face a motion for contempt which may carry a jail time for up to six months.

If you are in the position of being unable to collect on a Court-ordered child support or spousal maintenance payment, we can help. In many instances, after legal action is undertaken and notice served on the breaching party, he or she may decide to work out a settlement rather than face protracted litigation. We will be aggressive in our representation of you - our goal is achieving results.

Contact a Suffolk County enforcement lawyer at Jane K. Cristal, P.C. to address legal issues regarding the failure to pay Court ordered child support or spousal maintenance. We serve clients throughout Long Island.

(800) 817-5029

Attorney Web DesignThe information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Jane K Cristal P.C. - Suffolk County Divorce Lawyer
Located at 200 Old Country Road, Suite 400, Mineola, NY 11501.
Phone: (800) 817-5029.
Local: (516) 739-0102.
Website: .